My wife, Christine, and I and two of our children have been selected to join a mission team which will be traveling to El Salvador, Nov 8-16, 2014. Our family feels called to share the good news of the risen Christ and his unending love and grace with the people of this impoverished, polarized country.
And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.” – Mark 16:15
We will be staying in the city of San Salvador, the capitol of El Salvador. Due to this being the capitol city, San Salvador has become a meting pot of many races and cultures. About 40% of the population live in tremendous poverty. There is an increasing breakdown of social stability, family life, and government corruption, poverty in villages, crime, and drug activity. There is such a need for stability that can be found only in Christ.
Along with the rest of our mission team from Bay Area Community Church (www.bayareacc.org), we will be partnering with a local Christian church and helping them evangelize to and disciple poor children, youth, and families in San Salvador and the nearby village of Guayabo. Click the picture to watch a video of previous Bay Area mission trips to El Salvador.
Our team will be:
- serving the poor at the Guayabo Children’s Development Center;
- sharing the gospel with families while doing evangelistic outreach;
- encouraging youth in their walk with Christ;
- conducting a women’s conference and more.
But we can’t do this alone… We need your support to help us go to El Salvador and spread the love of Christ. First and foremost, you can begin praying as we build our team and prepare to go. The second way you can be part is by giving financially. If you feel led to give to this work, it would be a great blessing to us. The total cost of the trip is more than $6,800 and we have payments due beginning in September. We need support and no gift is too small. You can contribute online at http://www.jazzedforjesus.us.
All contributions will be passed along to Bay Area Community Church in your name (unless you request to remain anonymous) and will be tax deductible. If you provide your address when making your donation, you will receive a statement at the end of the year directly from the church.
If you prefer to send your contribution by check, please send your donation to: Finance Office, Bay Area Community Church, 884 Chesterfield Road, Annapolis, MD 21401. IMPORTANT: Please write WODA – EL SALVADOR NOVEMBER on your check.
- No gift is too small! For your contribution of $10.00 or more, you will receive a picture of us with our mission team in El Salvador along with the children from the Guayabo Children’s Development Center we have been called to share the gospel with. It is a token of our appreciation so that you can put faces with the gift you have provided.
- For a generous contribution of $25.00 or more, you will receive a copy of the trip’s video which will be put together upon our return from El Salvador. In a very personal way you will be able to experience the Lord’s work and the witnessing of Christ which you will have participated in with your generosity.
- For your generous contribution of $100.00 or more, you will receive a copy of the trip’s video and a “Mark 16:15 El Salvador T-Shirt”. The t-shirt features a silhouette of El Salvador with the following text displayed within the silhouette, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to all creation. Mark 16:15”. Wear the shirt with pride as a member of Jesus’ extended Missional Team!
God bless you and thank you for your prayers and support.